Bounced Checks

Share this page:

"Bounced" Checks:  Have you been the victim of a check that was returned for "non-sufficient funds", often referred to as a "bounced check"? The Colorado Springs Police Department will be taking reports regarding checks returned for this reason. Please do not report these cases to the 4th Judicial District Bad Check Restitution Program, as that program has been discontinued.

There are very specific requirements for reporting a bounced check.

Instructions for Reporting a "Bounced" Check


Check Fraud: Unlike a bounced check, check fraud occurs when a party writes a check on a closed account or a nonexistent account. 

Instructions for Reporting Check Fraud