COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The next phase of construction on 21st Street will begin July 16 as the City begins roadway work following completion of Colorado Springs Utilities replacement of water line. There will be a short break in construction July 9 – 15. Work will resume on Monday, July 16 with the following:
- This project will impact the full length of 21st Street from Colorado Avenue to Cimarron Street. The first stage will start with a full closure of 21st Street between Naegele Road and Sheldon Avenue and the closure will shift along 21st Street over the length of the project.
- Local traffic only on 21st Street (between Cimarron Street to Colorado Avenue)
- Project Schedule: July through mid-September
- City construction will include:
- Drainage improvements – Curb, gutter, inlets
- Bridge improvements – channel protection, concrete patching, waterproofing
- Safety improvements – sidewalk installation and repairs
For the safety and expediency of construction and the safety of the traveling public, the City of Colorado Springs asks commuters to pay close attention to posted speed limits and construction signs throughout the project area. All construction activities are weather and resource dependent.
For project information, closure map or to sign up for project emails, visit coloradosprings.gov/21stbridge.