COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo — All eastbound lanes of Woodmen Road between Corporate Center Drive and Vincent Drive, and northbound I-25 Woodmen Road Exit 149 ramp will be closed from midnight to 4 p.m., Sunday, March 15 to facilitate an emergency repair of a collapsing storm pipe under the roadway. Travelers should expect delays and alternate routes are advised. All construction is weather and resource-dependent.
The following traffic impacts will be in place during construction:
- Northbound I-25 Woodmen Road Exit 149 will be CLOSED
- Southbound I-25 Woodmen Road Exit 149 will be restricted to westbound traffic (right turns) only.
- Recommended detours: Nevada Avenue/Corporate Center Drive (Exit 148) or Academy Boulevard (Exit 150).
- Eastbound travelers will be detoured at Corporate Center Drive.
- All westbound lanes of Woodmen Road will remain open.
- Vincent Drive will be open across Woodmen Road. Vehicles can turn westbound.
“We are working to repair a section of collapsing storm pipe before it fails which would require far more extensive and costly repair, and impact travel in this area for a much longer duration. Crews are conducting work Sunday morning to minimize congestion. Motorists traveling in the area should expect delays and allow extra time to reach their destination,” said Richard Mulledy, Stormwater Enterprise Manager for the City of Colorado Springs.