Start 2020 off right. Make sure you and your family are prepared for an emergency. Remember, disasters don't plan ahead, but you can. Here are some simple steps you can take as you welcome the New Year.
- Sign up for emergency alerts.
- Know what kinds of natural hazards like flash flooding, wildfire, and winter weather, are common in your area.
- Bookmark your local emergency management office’s website csready.org.
- Follow @CityofCOS, @CSPDPIO @CSFDPIO @epcpio and @EPCSheriff on Twitter to get emergency and public safety information. #COSprepared
- Create a family communications plan.
- Build a kit for your family and your pets.
- Talk about your emergency plan with your family.
- Practice your home fire drill at least twice a year. Change the batteries in your smoke alarms when you change your clocks for daylight savings time.