Mountain Metro Rides Vanpool service is a smart choice for groups of commuters who live and work near each other. Passengers share the ride and pay a low monthly fare for a minivan seating up to 8, or a full-size van seating up to 12 people. All fuel, maintenance, and insurance are included.
How Vanpool Works:
- A group of 5 to 12 people share a ride to work in a van dedicated to their commute, for a monthly fare based on the mileage and number of passengers in the van.
- Vanpool riders volunteer to drive, track maintenance and submit reports.
Join a Vanpool:
- Fill out the web application with your starting point, destination and daily schedule.
- Our vanpool coordinator will try to match you with an existing van based on your needs.
Form Your Own Vanpool:
- Email co-workers or post notices at work.
- Talk to co-workers about forming a vanpool.
- Post notices in nearby buildings and have those interested contact you.
- Contact the Mountain Metro Rides Vanpool Specialist and find out if there are people near your work or home who are on a vanpool waiting list.
Once You Have a Vanpool Group:
- Set up a brief planning meeting to decide on a time and place to meet (see Park-n-Ride locations).
- Choose your drivers and riders (it's easier than it sounds).
- Complete your sign-up forms.
- Sit back and enjoy the savings - and the ride!
Mountain Metro Rides is accepting applications for groups to use a Mountain Metro Rides-owned van.
For more information, contact a Mountain Metro Rides Vanpool Specialist by calling (719 ) 385-RIDE (7433) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.