Bancroft Park, 2408 W. Colorado Ave.
- Trail: Midland Trail, then turn north and find your way to 24th St and the Park.
- Car (parking): On-street parking or Old Colorado City parking lots.
- Mountain Metro Transit: Route 3. For further information, use the Trip Planner at mmtransit.com.
- Bike Share: visit https://www.pikeride.org/ to find the nearest e-bike station.
- Direction: Clockwise
- Distance: 8.2 mi
- Elevation: 345 ft
- Smaller loop options/places to cut across: West Boulder Street can provide a shortcut, or riders can stay on Midland instead of crossing Hwy 24.
Maps and Links
- Download PDF map and turn by turn directions
- Visit RidewithGPS for a map, turn by turn directions, stop info, and lots more
- Download .gpx for use in other ride apps
- Stop 1: Courthouse Square
- Stop 2: A.Z. Sheldon Ranch
- Stop 3: “Mama” Susie Perkins
- Stop 4: Agua Avenue
- Stop 5: J.D. Gillette Home
- Stop 6: Monument Valley Freeway
- Stop 7: Trolley Line
- Stop 8: Boxing Ring Collapse
- Stop 9: Limit Street
- Stop 10: Gold Hill Mesa
- Stop 11: Midland Railroad Roundhouse
- Stop 12: Fairview Cemetery
- Stop 13: Brewery
- Stop 14: Old Colorado City
Like what you see? For more information about these points of interest, or to create your own historic exploration, visit the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum and their Story of Us mobile map and COS@150 exhibit!
For more information about Sesquicentennial events, visit COS150.