The 26th Annual Bike to Work Day in Colorado Springs is Wednesday, June 26, 2019. On that morning, bicycle supportive businesses and organizations will be hosting breakfast stations at their locations and/or along the trail network from 6am to 9am. Breakfast locations are designed to support how people actually ride their bikes to work while highlighting local businesses that support bicycling in the community. People who are riding their bikes to work can enjoy a fun festive atmosphere with other people commuting by bike and can stop by the breakfast stations for a free light breakfast, first-come, first served. Bicycle supportive employers can also participate through our Corporate Challenge.
Want to ride? There’s no longer a need to register for specific breakfast stations in advance. Just let us know you’ll be riding that morning by registering here. Early registration ensures that you are in all the drawings for fabulous event t-shirts. Check back soon for a map of the breakfast stations to plan your route!
Bike Month 2019 kicks off with a party on May 30th. Check the Bike Month calendar of events for more great things to do throughout June!
Bike to Work Day is organized by the City of Colorado Springs, and sponsored in part by KOAA News 5, 98.9 Magic FM and the Colorado Springs Independent. The Corporate Challenge is sponsored in part by the Colorado Springs Business Journal. Special thanks to Bike to Work Day organizing sponsors: Bike Colorado Springs, Council of Neighbors and Organizations (CONO), Mountain Metro Transit, and Pike Ride.
Breakfast station sponsors
Interested in sponsoring a breakfast station along our trail system or at your business? Sign up to host a breakfast station –
- Breakfast stations are placed in strategic locations throughout Colorado Springs – giving our bicyclists the chance to experience our great paths and trails AND connect with you and your company.
- All we ask is that you plan for food and/or beverage for 50 – 100 people on bike. Bike to Work Day organizers will work with you to estimate the correct amount based on location and past performance. It can be as simple as granola bars and juice or as fancy as a full breakfast – it’s your call! Just remember you will be competing for prizes with the other breakfast stations!
- Our Bike to Work Day team will promote the event overall, but this is a great opportunity for you to reach out to your community to promote your station and encourage folks to come out and meet you. Promotional tools will be provided to help you in this effort.
- The deadline for hosting a breakfast station is May 24. Please note additional deadlines for logos and information related to your breakfast station.
- OR for more information email email@example.com to get more info. We’ll fill you in on the details and help you get signed up!
Applications for new breakfast stations will be contacted by our breakfast station team.
2019 Corporate Challenge
Think you’ve got the team that can’t be beat? Think you’ve got the most company spirit? The most get-it-done, high-energy corporate camaraderie!
Gather your team and their bikes to ride in the 2019 Bike to Work Day Corporate Challenge for fun, fabulous prizes and bragging rights! AND free breakfast at breakfast stations around Colorado Springs.
Ready to get rolling?
If your company is participating in the Corporate Challenge you can register to ride through Eventbrite: Sign up here!
If your organization is interested in participating in the Corporate Challenge please view the Corporate Challenge Toolkit on how to get started. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-339-4109 or 303-588-1009 to get more info or to register. We’ll fill you in on the details and help you get signed up!