The goal of this project is the add value to the 2C repaving effort that is scheduled for Cheyenne Blvd and Cheyenne Rd. Other transportation funding sources are able to implement improvements ahead of the repaving work so that everything fits together like one big project.
We are primarily focusing on safety improvements for bikes, peds, and vehicles. This is a maintenance project, so we are limited in the level of change that is possible, but we want to do our best to improve the safety of these two streets withing those constraints.
Public Input Opportunities
Public Meeting 1: Aug 16th (to collect input)
The City of Colorado Springs is evaluating possible transportation improvements to Cheyenne Boulevard and Cheyenne Road ahead of 2C-funded road paving planned for 2024.
Public meeting will be open house style. There will be a brief public presentation to discuss this effort’s goals, constraints, and aspirations
We are soliciting feedback on what type of improvements the neighborhood would like to see incorporated with the project.
- Date: Tuesday Aug 16th
- Time: 5 to 7 p.m.,
- Location: Cheyenne Mountain Junior High School.
- Project overview
- Exhibit: Cheyenne Blvd existing conditions from N Cheyenne Canon to Cresta Rd
- Exhibit: Cheyenne Blvd existing conditions from Cresta Rd to 8th Street
- Exhibit: Cheyenne Blvd existing conditions from 8th Street to Cascade Ave
- Exhibit: Cheyenne Road existing conditions from Cheyenne Blvd to Cresta Road
- Exhibit: Cheyenne Road existing conditions from Cresta Road to 8th Street
- Exhibit: Cheyenne Road existing conditions from 8th Street to Cascade Ave
Public Meeting 2: Dec 2022 (to share concepts to be implemented)