An alarm company is the business conducted by an individual, partnership, corporation or other entity, of selling, leasing, maintaining, servicing, repairing, altering, replacing, moving, installing or monitoring an alarm system within the City limits.
Fees and Payment
- Annual license fee: $90
- The late renewal fee: $45
- Duplicate license fee: $5
Alarm Company Licenses are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance or renewal.
The City Clerk's Office accepts cash, check, money order, Visa and MasterCard.
The following fees are paid directly to the Colorado Springs Police Department. Contact the Colorado Springs Police Department Alarms unit for Alarm Permits at 719-444-7824.
- Annual Registration fee: $24
- Business License Application
- Certificate of Commercial General Liability Insurance with the City of Colorado Springs listed as the certificate holder ($1,000,000)
- Workers' Compensation and Employers' Liability Insurance with the City of Colorado Springs listed as the certificate holder ($100,000)
- Automotive Liability Insurance with the City of Colorado Springs listed as the certificate holder ($500,000)
- Lawful Presence Affidavit, if a sole proprietor
- Trade Name Registration and Certificate of Good Standing with Colorado Secretary of State, if applicable.