A bicycle share business is a business owning, managing, or making available bicycle-share bicycles.
A bicycle-share bicycle is available to persons for rent through an automated system on a self-service basis, including every device propelled completely or in-part by human power and upon which any person may ride, having two (2) or more wheels.
- City Code 2.3.13 for Bicycle-Share Business License
- City Code Chapter 2, Article 1 for all Business Licenses
Fees and Payment
- Annual license fee: $110
- Late renewal fee: $55
- Duplicate license fee: $5
Licenses are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance.
The City Clerk's Office accepts cash, check, money order. Visa and MasterCard are only accepted in-person.
- Business License Application
- Department Review Form
- Approval by City Sales Tax, as outlined in Department Review Form.
- Approval by City Planning and Land Use Review, as outlined in Department Review Form.
- Certificate of Commercial General Liability Insurance with the City of Colorado Springs listed as the certificate holder ($1,000,000)
- Workers' Compensation and Employers' Liability Insurance with the City of Colorado Springs listed as the certificate holder ($100,000)
- Automotive Liability Insurance with the City of Colorado Springs listed as the certificate holder ($500,000)
- Lawful Presence Affidavit, if a sole proprietor
- Certificate of Good Standing with Colorado Secretary of State and Trade Name Registration, if applicable.