A bicycle share business is a business owning, managing, or making available bicycle-share bicycles.
A bicycle-share bicycle is available to persons for rent through an automated system on a self-service basis, including every device propelled completely or in-part by human power and upon which any person may ride, having two (2) or more wheels.
- City Code 2.3.13 for Bicycle-Share Business License
- City Code Chapter 2, Article 1 for all Business Licenses
Fees and Payment
- Annual license fee: $110
- Late renewal fee: $55
- Duplicate license fee: $5
Licenses are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance.
The City Clerk's Office accepts cash, check, money order. Visa and MasterCard are only accepted in-person.
- Business License Application
- Department Review Form
- Approval by City Sales Tax, as outlined in Department Review Form.
- Approval by City Planning and Land Use Review, as outlined in Department Review Form.
- Certificate of Commercial General Liability Insurance with the City of Colorado Springs listed as the certificate holder ($1,000,000)
- Workers' Compensation and Employers' Liability Insurance with the City of Colorado Springs listed as the certificate holder ($100,000)
- Automotive Liability Insurance with the City of Colorado Springs listed as the certificate holder ($500,000)
- Certificate of Good Standing with Colorado Secretary of State and Trade Name Registration, if applicable.
Online Application Portal
The City Clerk’s office is pleased to offer you access to our licensing services online. By creating an account, you will be able to view, apply and submit a Bicycle-Share application. You will also be able to check the status of pending request, access payment information, and much more.