November 5, 2019 Special Municipal Election
The Colorado Springs City Council referred questions to be placed on the upcoming November Coordinated Election. The El Paso County Clerk and Recorder will be conducting this election and will be mailing ballot packets to each active eligible elector residing in the City of Colorado Springs city limits by no later than October 18th.
What City Questions will be on the November 5, 2019 ballot?
This is a special municipal election for City Council referred questions only. The next regular City election will be held on April 6, 2021 and will be for electing representatives for the 6 City Council Districts.
The following Questions will be on the November 5, 2019 Ballot:
WITHOUT IMPOSING ANY NEW TAX OR INCREASING THE RATE OF ANY EXISTING TAX, SHALL THE CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS BE PERMITTED TO RETAIN AND SPEND UP TO $7,000,000, THE ESTIMATED 2018 FISCAL YEAR REVENUE ABOVE THE 2018 Fiscal year REVENUE AND SPENDING LIMITATIONS, SOLELY FOR THE FOLLOWING PARKS, SPORTS AND CULTURAL FACILITIES AND TRAIL IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS LOCATED WITHIN THE CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS:
● REPAIR, RESTORATION AND IMPROVEMENTS TO ACACIA, ANTLERS, MONUMENT VALLEY, PALMER AND PANORAMA PARKS
● REPAIR, RESTORATION AND IMPROVEMENTS TO ALAMO SQUARE/PIONEERS MUSEUM
● REPAIR, RESTORATION AND IMPROVEMENTS TO COTTONWOOD CREEK BASEBALL FIELDS, LEON YOUNG SPORTS COMPLEX, BOULDER PARK SPORTS COURTS AND THORNDALE PARK SPORTS COURTS
● TRAIL IMPROVEMENTS TO HOMESTEAD, MESA, SANDCREEK AND LEGACY LOOP TRAILS
● REPAIR AND REPAVING OF EVERGREEN AND FAIRVIEW CEMETERY PARKING AREAS
● PREPARATION OF COMMUNITY PARK MASTER PLANA plan for the development of a portion of the city that contains proposed land uses, a generalized transportation system, and the relationship of the area included in the plan to surrounding property. FOR COLEMAN PARK
, AS A VOTER APPROVED REVENUE CHANGE AND EXCEPTION TO ANY CONSTITUTIONAL, CHARTER, OR CITY ORDINANCE OR CODE LIMITATIONS THAT MAY OTHERWISE APPLY?
WITHOUT IMPOSING ANY NEW TAX OR INCREASING THE RATE OF ANY EXISTING TAX, SHALL THE EXISTING TEMPORARY SALES AND USE TAX AUTHORIZED EXCLUSIVELY FOR ROAD REPAIRS AND IMPROVEMENTS, AT A RATE REDUCED FROM 0.62% (6.2 PENNIES ON $ 10 PURCHASE) TO 0.57% (5.7 PENNIES ON A $10 PURCHASE), BE EXTENDED FOR A FIVE-YEAR PERIOD AFTER ITS CURRENT EXPIRATION ON DECEMBER 31, 2020 TO AND UNTIL DECEMBER 31, 2025, WITH ALL REVENUES DERIVED THEREFROM TO BE PLACED IN A DEDICATED FUND TO BE EXPENDED ONLY UPON ROAD REPAIRS AND IMPROVEMENTS WITHIN THE CITY, INCLUDING RESIDENTIAL STREETS, PARK AND CITY GOLF COURSE ACCESS ROADS AND CEMETERY ROADS, AND ROAD RECONSTRUCTION WHERE SEVERE DETERIORATION DOES NOT ALLOW REPAIR, AS A VOTER APPROVED REVENUE CHANGE AND EXCEPTION TO REVENUE, SPENDING AND OTHER LIMITATIONS WHICH WOULD OTHERWISE APPLY UNDER SECTION 7-90 OF THE CITY CHARTER, ARTICLE X, SECTION 20 OF THE COLORADO CONSTITUTION, CITY ORDINANCES, OR ANY OTHER LAW?
View Full Ballot Resolutions
Register to Vote
The City Clerk does not maintain voter registration, however, you can register online at the Colorado Secretary of State Website. If you have questions regarding your registration, please visit call El Paso County Elections website or call (719) 575-8683.