The City of Colorado Springs is seeking volunteers to serve on the following Boards, Commissions, and Committees:
- Airport Advisory Commission
- Audit Committee
- Citizens’ Transportation Advisory Board
- Lodging and Auto Rental Tax Citizens’ Advisory Committee
- Public Safety Sales Tax Oversight Committee
- Public Art Commission
- Sustainability Advisory Board
Please submit your application by 5:00 p.m. on April 6, 2022. The application web form can be found and submitted to coloradosprings.gov/boards. Unless otherwise stated, applicants must reside with the City of Colorado Springs.
For vacancies with City Council District requirements, you can find which City Council District you reside using the district map tool at coloradosprings.gov/city-clerk/page/city-council-districtshttps://coloradosprings.gov/city-clerk/page/city-council-districts.
Applications and resumes can also be emailed Michael Montgomery at Michael.Montgomery@coloradosprings.gov or mailed to City Council, Attention: Michael Montgomery, P.O. Box 1575, Colorado Springs, CO 80901.
For more information on Boards, Commissions, and Committees visit coloradosprings.gov/boards
Airport Advisory Commission
- About: Serving in an advisory capacity to the Mayor, City Council, and the City Planning Commission to address matters pertaining to land use, construction, planning or operation of the Colorado Springs Airport.
- Meeting Time and Location— 4th Wednesday of the month at 3 p.m.
- Vacancy – Alternate members
- About: Assists City Auditor and advises City Council on matters relating to City's fiscal soundness and other matters. They may provide direct assistance with approval of City Council.
- Meeting Time and Location - 3rd Thursday of every month at 10 a.m.
- Vacancy – Alternate members
Citizens’ Transportation Advisory Board
- About: Advises City Council on multi-modal transportation systems.
- Meeting Time: 1st Tuesday of every month at 3 p.m.
- Vacancy - One induvial who rides bicycles for transportation, one individual residing in City Council District 1, and one individual residing in City Council District 6
Lodging and Auto Rental Tax Citizens’ Advisory Committee
- About: The LART Committee acts in an advisory capacity to City Council in all matters concerning expenditures of any revenues derived from the Lodgers and Automobile Rental Tax.
- Meeting Time — 2nd Thursday of every month at 3 p.m.
- Vacancies – Tourism Representative (Arts), Automobile Rental Industry (Non-Voting)
Public Safety Sales Tax Oversight Committee
- About: The committee monitors the expenditure of the Public Safety Sales Tax (PSST) funds.
- Meeting Time and Location— 2nd Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. in the months of January, May, July, September and October
- Vacancy – One Citizen At Large, one individual residing in City Council District 1, one individual residing in City Council District 3, and one individual residing in City Council District 4
Public Art Commission
- About: The Commission is charged with acting in an advisory capacity to evaluate, advocate, stimulate and facilitate matters of public art and culture.
- Meeting Time - 3rd Tuesday of every month at 3 p.m.
- Vacancy – Two Citizens At Large (May reside in El Paso County)
Sustainability Advisory Board
- About: The Sustainability Advisory Board was recently created by City Council. This Board will provide ongoing analysis and recommendations to City Council regarding sustainability related policies, programs, and operations.
- Meeting Time – To Be Determined by Board
- Vacancy – Seven Citizens At Large (must represent a public or private organization relating to agriculture, the natural environment, the built environment, energy, materials management, transportation, economic development, health, or education)