APPLICATION PROCESS FOR HOUSING PROGRAMS
The City of Colorado Springs Community Development Division offers a variety of federally funded programs designed to assist low income households with essential repairs. Funds from the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program are made available annually to correct substandard housing conditions, remove barriers for the disabled, and improve energy efficiency. The program is targeted towards low income homeowners; however, limited assistance is available for disabled tenants. All assistance is contingent on availability of funds. Community Development has partnered with Brothers Redevelopment, Inc. to facilitate this program.
- Your home must be your primary residence, and you must live within the City limits to apply for these programs.
- Properties cannot be located in a 100 year flood plain.
- Applicants must have a combined household income that does not exceed the HUD area median income guidelines below.
Income Limits for 2020
- Family Size: 1 : Maximum Income : $28,600
- Family Size: 2 : Maximum Income : $32,650
- Family Size: 3 : Maximum Income : $36,750
- Family Size: 4 : Maximum Income : $40,800
- Family Size: 5 : Maximum Income : $44,100
- Family Size: 6 : Maximum Income : $47,350
- Family Size: 7 : Maximum Income : $50,600
- Family Size: 8 : Maximum Income : $53,900
Contact Brothers Redevelopment, Inc. at (719) 666-7181, or TDY 303-685-4201 for an application and eligibility determination.