APPLICATION PROCESS FOR HOUSING PROGRAMS
The City of Colorado Springs Community Development Division offers a variety of federally funded programs designed to assist low income households with essential repairs. Funds from the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME programs are made available annually to correct substandard housing conditions, remove barriers for the disabled, and improve energy efficiency. Programs are targeted towards low income homeowners; however, limited assistance is available for disabled tenants. All assistance is contingent on availability of funds.
- Your home must be your primary residence, and you must live within the City limits to apply for these programs.
- Properties cannot be located in a 100 year flood plain.
- Property value cannot exceed: $235,600. As stated on the El Paso County Assessor Public Record Search (www.land.elpasoco.com)
- Applicants must have a combined household income that does not exceed the HUD area median income guidelines below.
Income Limits for 2018
- Family Size: 1; Maximum Income: $27,200
- Family Size: 2; Maximum Income: $31,100
- Family Size: 3; Maximum Income: $35,000
- Family Size: 4; Maximum Income: $38,850
- Family Size: 5; Maximum Income: $42,000
- Family Size: 6; Maximum Income: $45,100
- Family Size: 7; Maximum Income: $48,200
- Family Size: 8; Maximum Income: $51,300
Contact the Community Development Division by phone (719) 385-5912 for a preliminary determination of income and property eligibility.
- Submit a completed and signed application to the City of Colorado Springs Community Development Division either by drop off to 30 S. Nevada Ave., Suite 604, or by mail.
- The application must include all required supporting documentation to be considered complete.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee assistance.
- Incomplete applications will not be retained past 15 days.
Determination of Eligibility:
- Completed applications will be reviewed by Community Development Division Staff; priority consideration will be given to elderly households with a disabled family member.
- Income qualified households will be contacted by a Redevelopment Specialist to schedule an initial inspection of your home.
- Some homes may not be suitable for rehabilitation based on the age or present condition of the structure.
For information about program application periods use the links below: