About the Program
This program allows eligible homeowners located in the City of Colorado Springs to qualify for a grant to make necessary improvements to their home. The funds are primarily used to repair/replace substandard or failing housing conditions and make energy efficiency improvements. Improvements can include, repairing or replacing roof, windows, doors, hot water heater, furnace, flooring, plumbing, electrical and more.
- You must meet the current income guidelines listed on the application
- The property must be your primary residence
- You must be the owner of record of the property to be rehabilitated
- The property cannot exceed current HUD after rehabilitation values
- The property cannot be located in the floodplain
Once you qualify, a Redevelopment Specialist will inspect your home to identify necessary improvements and develop a cost estimate. A contractor will be obtained through a competitive quote process and will make the improvements to your home. The city will disburse the funds to the contractor on your behalf. Lead-based paint testing may be performed on homes built before 1978. Asbestos testing may also be required.
For more information call contact the Community Development Division.