Effective October 9th, 2023
The Colorado Springs Fire Department will be moving from ePlans to the Permits, Licensing and Records Portal.
Fire Code Tools and Resources
The Colorado Springs Fire Department is committed to supporting the citizens and businesses of Colorado Springs by providing easily accessible information on fees, permits, and key documents and programs needed to meet fire code standards.
Should you not find the resources here that you need, please contact the Division of the Fire Marshal at (719) 385-5978 Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. We are here to help.
The City of Colorado Springs has adopted the 2021 edition of the International Fire Code and its jurisdictional amendments. View the code and Colorado Springs’ Administrative Ruling.
Fire Board of Appeals provides professional, unbiased rulings for appellants requesting a variance to the Fire Prevention Code and its interpretations. Fire Board of Appeals reviews and grants fire suppression contractor licenses, fire alarm contractor licenses, and fire alarm installer licenses.
RESTART is a program designed to help small businesses, realtors and brokers find code-compliant commercial properties prior to their commitment to purchase, lease or develop the property, therefore avoiding unexpected and costly upgrades later on.
- Fire Department Access During Construction
- Knox Box
- Exit Signs and Emergency Lighting
- School Construction Requirements
- Address and Premise Identification
- Wildfire Risk Reduction Requirements within the Wildland Urban Interface
- Marijuana Guidance
- Site Safety during Construction and Demolition
I have a question about a permit. Who can I contact?
- For Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression permits, contact Construction Services at 385-5982.
- Open burning also requires a permit from the Health Department. Contact 719-578-3137.
- For all other permits, contact the Division of the Fire Marshal at 719-385-5978.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who do I contact to have a plan reviewed?
Please contact Construction Services at 719-385-5982
Who do I contact to schedule a Property Condition or Environmental Site Assessment?
How do I schedule an inspection?
To schedule an inspection please contact the Division of the Fire Marshal at 719-385-5978.
Who can answer my fire code question?
For New Construction, call 719-385-7352.
For Fire Systems, call 719-385-7361.
For Existing Buildings, contact the Division of the Fire Marshal at 719-385-5978.