***The CSFD hiring process for the 2020 Academy is now OPEN ***
Colorado Springs Fire Department (CSFD) is currently in the process of building an eligibility list for an anticipated academy around February 2020 for Entry Level Firefighter and Entry Level Firefighter Paramedic. To be considered, all candidates must successfully complete and submit the following by AUGUST 31, 2019 before 11:59 p.m.:
- FireTEAM Test by the National Testing Network (NTN)
- Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) done through the International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) / International Associations of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and the
- EMT-Basic or EMT-Paramedic
- Veterans’ Preference Points (if eligible)
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY!
Failure to provide ACCURATE personal information could cause you to miss vital employment information.
APPLICATION AND TESTING PROCESS
1. FireTEAM Test
The Colorado Springs Fire Department requires a valid FireTEAM score as a part of the minimum qualifications to apply for entry-level firefighter, as well as any lateral entry positions. This FireTEAM test may only be taken through National Testing Network (NTN) or approved testing facility. The Department will NOT accept scores from any other Departments or testing processes.
The FireTEAM test involves high-quality simulation tests in a standardized and fair testing environment. Upon completion of the examination, a candidate’s score is maintained by NTN per their policies and procedures.
2. Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
Candidates must submit a valid Candidates Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) certificate to the department no later than AUGUST 31, 2019 11:59 p.m. CPAT certificates are considered valid if the test was completed through an International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) or International Associations of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) accredited facility no more than 12 months prior to the AUGUST 31, 2019 deadline.
*When submitting your forms please submit them in the following format: last name_first name_form title. (Example: Smith_John_CPAT). Forms are successfully submitted once a file shows uploaded. Upload ALL documents separately and print the conformation page for your records!
3. EMT–Basic or EMT-Paramedic with a current National Registry
Candidates must submit a current National Registry EMT-B or EMT-P certificate to the department no later than AUGUST 31, 2019 11:59 p.m. Both Entry Level Firefighter and Paramedic candidates should also submit their valid CPR and ACLS certifications by the stated deadline. All certifications can be submitted to the link below.
*When submitting your forms please submit them in the following format: last name_first name_form title. (Example: Smith_John_EMT). Forms are successfully submitted once a file shows uploaded. Upload ALL documents separately and print the conformation page for your records!
4. Veterans’ Preference:
To be eligible for Veterans’ Preference Points you must have an Honorable or General Discharge and complete and submit the following documents to receive points.
*Prior to submitting any documents, use the Veterans’ Preference Advisor tool to determine your eligibility and number of points.
Claiming ten (10) points:
- Submit Member 4 copy of your DD214
- Submit Veterans Disabilities Rating Letter
- Submit Complete CSFD Veterans Preference Form
Claiming five (5) points:
*All forms must be submitted to the CSFD Human Resources office by no later than AUGUST 31, 2019, 11:59 p.m., using the following format: Last name_First name_form title. (Example: Smith_John_Veteran’s Preference Form).
Forms are successfully submitted once a file shows uploaded. Upload ALL documents separately and print the confirmation page for your records!
- Notification of upcoming selection process is made through the NTN and CSFD website.
- FireTEAM test deadline is August 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- FireTEAM scores are banded by NTN and submitted to CSFD.
- All candidates will be notified of banding placement by CSFD.
- Candidates will be invited to complete a CSFD application and schedule an in-person interview.
- Based on performance during the interview, top candidates may receive a Conditional Offer of Employment, and will be required to complete the pre-employment process and background check.
- Final offers of employment will be issued based on results from the pre-employment process and background check.
If you have questions, please contact the Colorado Springs Fire Department Human Resources Recruiter, Freddie Barbary at 719-385-7226.
***No exceptions will be made for failing to follow these instructions***