To help establish appropriate fire insurance premiums for residential and commercial properties, insurance companies need reliable, up-to-date information about a community’s fire-protection services. The Insurance Services Office (ISO) provides that information through the Public Protection Classification (PPC™) program.
Learn Your ISO Rating
Step 1: Make sure your property is serviced by CSFD
- Go to the El Paso County Assessor's website.
- Enter the street address and hit the magnifying glass to search.
- Once the searched address appears, scroll down the page to the heading "Tax Entity and Levy Information."
- If "City of Colorado Springs" appears in the list under "Tax Entity and Levy Information," then the property falls under CSFD's jurisdiction and we will respond to an emergency at that location.
Step 2: Have your insurance company contact the ISO company
- Residents cannot obtain information from the ISO Company, so a subscriber insurance company must contact the ISO Company at 1-800-444-4554 (select option 2) to obtain the protection class rating.
Notice: Your insurance company pays ISO to provide your ISO Public Protection Classification Number (1-10) to them. It is assigned by ISO, based on their evaluation, which they then provide through a subscription process for the insurance companies who use it. The fire department does not hold or manage that rating number.