The provisions below are required for this specific occupancy. These are in addition to the general requirements for all buildings. The general requirements may be found here.
Seating Plan: The fire safety and evacuation plans for assembly occupancies shall include a detailed seating plan, occupant load and occupant load limit. Deviations from the approved plans shall be allowed provided the occupant load limit for the occupancy is not exceeded and the aisles and exit accessways remain unobstructed.
Announcements: 403.2.2 Announcements In theaters, motion picture theaters, auditoriums and similar assembly occupancies in Group A used for noncontinuous programs, an audible announcement shall be made not more than 10 minutes prior to the start of each program to notify the occupants of the location of the exits to be used in the event of a fire or other emergency. Exception: In motion picture theaters, the announcement is allowed to be projected upon the screen in a manner approved by the fire code official.
Fire Watch Personnel: Where, in the opinion of the fire code official, it is essential for public safety in a place of assembly or any other place where people congregate, because of the number of persons, or the nature of the performance, exhibition, display, contest or activity, the owner, agent or lessee shall provide one or more fire watch personnel, as required and approved. Fire watch personnel shall comply with the following:
- Duty times: Fire watch personnel shall remain on duty while places requiring a fire watch are open to the public, or when an activity requiring a fire watch is being conducted.
- Duties: On-duty fire watch personnel shall have the following responsibilities:
- Keep diligent watch for fires, obstructions to means of egress and other hazards.
- Take prompt measures for remediation of hazards and extinguishment of fires that occur.
- Take prompt measures to assist in the evacuation of the public from the structures.
Crowd Managers: Where facilities or events involve a gathering of more than 1,000 people, crowd managers shall be provided in accordance with the following provisions:
- The minimum number of crowd managers shall be established at a ratio of one crowd manager for every 250 persons.
- Training for crowd managers shall be approved. Training for crowd managers can be found here: https://coloradosprings.gov/fire-department/page/crowd-manager-training
- The duties of crowd managers shall include, but not be limited to:
- Conduct an inspection of the area of responsibility and identify and address any egress barriers.
- Conduct an inspection of the area of responsibility to identify and mitigate any fire hazards.
- Verify compliance with all permit conditions, including those governing pyrotechnics and other special effects.
- Direct and assist the event attendees in evacuation during an emergency.
- Assist emergency response personnel where requested.
- Other duties required by the fire code official.
- Other duties as specified in the fire safety plan.