Drop off Locations
Make sure to call to verify acceptance and hours
- Fountain Police Department 719-382-8555
- Kaiser-Permanente (Pharmacy) 719-282-2466
- Manitou Springs Police Department 719-685-5407
- Monument Police Department 719-481-3253
- Penrose Hospital 719-776-5000
- Walgreens 719-380-9438
- Locate a collection site near you
More helpful links
What can you drop off?
- Liquid medications (sealed in the original container)
- Over-the-counter medicines
- Medicated ointments and lotions
- Pet medications
- Prescription medications
- Prescription patches
What is NOT allowed?
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Chemotherapy drugs
- Needles or sharps of any kind
- Schedule 1 controlled substances (for example marijuana, heroin or LSD)
Always remember to:
- Put all pills in one zip-lock bag, seal it tightly and drop the bag into the collection receptacle.
- Trash or recycle the empty pill containers after you remove or scratch out personal information.
- If another packaging, such as cardboard boxes, can be easily removed, please dispose of it separately.