Board Details and Roster
Duties of the Commission
- Holds regular meetings designed to address issues impacting on the administration of the Rules of the Colorado Springs Civil Service Commission for the Municipal Police and Fire Departments. Such meetings are intended to facilitate open communications between the Commission and the City's civil service employees.
- Approves all additions, deletions, or modifications to the job classification plan for the uniformed personnel of the Police and Fire Departments.
- Sanctions all selection procedures utilized to fill both entry level and promotional uniformed positions within the Police and Fire Departments.
- As an integral part of the disciplinary appeal procedure, the Commission hears appeals from employees who have been disciplined in accordance with the established disciplinary procedure. In these matters the decision of the Commission is final.
- Conducts investigations concerning any matter involving the administration of the Civil Service provisions of the Charter or the Civil Service Rules.
- Annually provides a written report of Commission activities to the City Manager and City Council.
1st Tuesday of every other month at 8:30 a.m. at the City Administration Building (30 S. Nevada Ave.) Suite 102, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, unless otherwise indicated.
- 2018 Meeting Dates