Nominations Are Now Open
The Mayor's Young Leader Awards highlight the outstanding achievements of young professionals (ages 40 and under) who live or work in Colorado Springs. Six individuals will be recognized for extraordinary efforts in their field while also making a positive impact on our community.
Nominations for the 2019 awards will be accepted beginning Aug. 2 and must be submitted by Aug. 30. Finalists will be notified in September, and the winners will be announced during an award ceremony on Tuesday, Oct. 29 from 4-6 p.m. at the Ent Center for the Arts on the University of Colorado Colorado Springs campus, 5225 North Nevada Avenue.
Know someone you would like to nominate?
Individuals can be nominated in one of these six categories:
- Uses creative, non-traditional approaches to improve education.
- An educator who is helping foster future generations of innovative thinkers.
- An individual who is using creative methods/systems to transform their given industry.
- Demonstrates the power of art and business working together to make a positive impact.
- A team player who leads by example to embody the values of integrity and excellence in service.
- This individual’s positive impact extends into the greater community.
Sports and Wellness
- Individual who has implemented compelling new ideas to deliver better sports, health or wellness initiatives in the community through their business/events.
Technology and sustainability:
This individual provides enhancements in technology and/or sustainability that advance productivity, improve efficiency, increase performance, provide innovative results or pursues sustainable initiatives to make our community a better place for future generations.
Community & Economic Impact
- An individual who is measurably impacting the community or local economy through their business, community involvement or events.
- The community impact should have a tangible, measurable effect on the community. That impact might be the result of any number of activities, such as job creation, workforce development, volunteer efforts, board service or innovative business models that promote social goals.
- Outstanding contributions to the economy in terms of job growth or events having a significant economic impact.
To sponsor or for more information on sponsorship, please contact Donna Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.