The Mayor's Young Leaders Awards highlight the outstanding achievements of young professionals (ages 40 and under) who live or work in Colorado Springs. Five individuals are recognized each year for the extraordinary efforts in their field while making a positive impact in our community.
The 2018 Mayor's Young Leaders Awards will happen on Oct. 30 from 4:30-6 p.m. at the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum (215 S. Tejon St.)
Nominations for 2018 are open until September 23, 2018.
An individual can be nominated in any one of the five categories:
- Uses creative, non-traditional approaches to improve education.
- An educator that is helping foster the future generations of innovative thinkers.
- An individual that is using creative methods/systems to transform their given industry.
- Demonstrates the power of art and business working together to make a positive impact.
Sports and Wellness
- Individual who has implemented compelling new ideas to deliver better sports/health and wellness initiatives in the community through their business/events.
- Individual who provides enhancements in technology that advance productivity, improve efficiency, increase performance or provide innovative results.
Community & Economic Impact
- An individual that has measurably impacted the community or local economy through their business, community involvement or events.
- The community impact should have a tangible, measurable effect on the community. That impact might be the result of any number of activities, such as job creation, workforce development, volunteer efforts, board service or innovative business models that promote social goals.
- Outstanding contributions to the economy in terms of job growth or events having a significant economic impact.