The City Council of Colorado Springs is seeking volunteers to serve on the following Boards, Commissions, and Committees:
- Historic Preservation Board
- Trails, Open Space and Parks Working Committee
Please submit your application by 5:00pm on Friday, October 27, 2023. The application web form can be found and submitted at ColoradoSprings.gov/boards. All applicants must reside within the City of Colorado Springs unless otherwise noted.
Applications and resumes can also be emailed to Michael Montgomery at Michael.Montgomery@coloradosprings.gov or mailed to City Council, Attention: Michael Montgomery, P.O. Box 1575, Colorado Springs, CO 80901.
For more information on Boards, Commissions, and Committees visit http://www.coloradosprings.gov/boards
Historic Preservation Board
- Acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council in implementing the Historic Preservation program for the city. It initiates the Historic Preservation Overlay Zone and administers the review of building or demolition permits for properties that are zoned Historic Preservation, among other responsibilities.
- Meeting Time — 1st Monday of every month at 4:30 p.m.
- Vacancies – Voting and Alternate Members
Trails, Open Space and Parks Working Committee
- To make recommendations to the City Council regarding disbursements of funds from the Colorado Springs trails, open space and parks fund, and the selection of open space land to be acquired, maintained, developed, or preserved, and establishment of priorities.
- Meeting Time — 1st Monday of every month at 7:30 a.m.
- Vacancies – Alternate Members
About Alternate Members: City Council appoints Alternate Members to Boards and Commissions to gain experience. Alternate Members are subject to the same rules and responsibilities as Voting Members of the Board or Commission. Alternate Members are permitted to:
- Participate in the discussion of the Board or Commission in matters that are not quasi-judicial in nature
- Substitute in the absence of a Voting Member when necessary to achieve a quorum
- Vote in any matter in which they are needed to achieve a quorum