The City Council of Colorado Springs is seeking volunteers to serve on the following Boards, Commissions, and Committees:
- Initiative Review Committee
- Stormwater Advisory Committee
Please submit your application by 5:00pm on Thursday, December 7, 2023. The application web form can be found and submitted at ColoradoSprings.gov/boards. All applicants must reside within the City of Colorado Springs unless otherwise noted.
Applications and resumes can also be emailed to Michael Montgomery at Michael.Montgomery@coloradosprings.gov or mailed to City Council, Attention: Michael Montgomery, P.O. Box 1575, Colorado Springs, CO 80901.
For more information on Boards, Commissions, and Committees visit http://www.coloradosprings.gov/boards
Initiative Review Committee
- The Committee reviews, comments on, and offers advisory opinions on initiated municipal election issues.
- Meeting Time — As needed
- Vacancies – Voting and Alternate Members
Stormwater Advisory Committee
- Provides City Council with citizen input on the stormwater system and operation of the enterprise, along with advice and recommendations on the projects to be undertaken.
- Meeting Time — 3rd Thursday at 2 p.m. in February, May, August, and November
- Vacancies – Voting Member who represents a nonprofit organization located within the City limits
About Alternate Members: City Council appoints Alternate Members to Boards and Commissions to gain experience. Alternate Members are subject to the same rules and responsibilities as Voting Members of the Board or Commission. Alternate Members are permitted to:
- Participate in the discussion of the Board or Commission in matters that are not quasi-judicial in nature
- Substitute in the absence of a Voting Member when necessary to achieve a quorum
- Vote in any matter in which they are needed to achieve a quorum