On March 24, 2023, the City of Colorado Springs Community Development Division will start accepting applications for 2023 CDBG Public Services and ESG grant funds. Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on April 14, 2023.
Please see below for details:
CDBG Public Services
The City has set aside $300,000 in 2023 Public Services funding to assist local emergency shelter providers. For this application period, the City is making $125,000 of the remaining Public Services funding available on a competitive basis for five (5) catalytic grants of $25,000 each.
- The award minimum and maximum for CDBG Public Services is $25,000.
- CDBG Public Services funds are designed to support new or expanded services in the community. Pilot projects and new approaches to providing critical services for low-income populations are welcomed.
Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
The City is making $100,000 available for rapid rehousing and homelessness prevention projects.
- The award minimum for ESG is $25,000 and maximum is $100,000.
- Applicants must be members of the Pikes Peak Continuum of Care.
- Applicants must use HMIS and participate in Coordinated Entry, except for domestic violence (DV) service providers.
- Projects must adhere to ESG rapid rehousing and homelessness prevention requirements as outlined in the City’s ESG Written Standards. HUD also provides helpful guidance here.
- Applicants must be able to provide one-to-one (dollar for dollar) match on proposed projects. Budget items covered by matching funds must meet the same eligibility requirements as expenses paid by ESG funds. Guarantee of match must be provided at the time of application via letter of commitment from donor, organizational budget, or notice of award from another funding source. If awarded, proof of match expenditure must be documented within the 2023 program year before the final request for reimbursement is paid.
For more information on applications details please visit the Community Development Division CDBG Public Services Webpage and/or Emergency Solutions Webpage for more details.