The Mayor's Office today announced its finalists for the annual Mayor’s Young Leader Awards. The program celebrates the outstanding achievements of young professionals aged 40 and under who are making a positive impact in Colorado Springs through their professional and volunteer activities.
Of the nominees, 30 finalists have emerged across six categories. One winner from each category will be announced during an award ceremony on Wednesday, Nov. 1 from 4:30-7 p.m. at the ENT Center for the Arts, 5225 N. Nevada Avenue.
The finalists are as follows:
- Community and Economic Impact
- Chelsea Elstad, The Independence Center
- Brianna Goodwin, Colorado Springs Sports Corp
- Skyler Nelson, Bailey Military Family Support Group
- Latisha Quintana, 4th Judicial District Court
- Annie Snead, ENT Credit Union
- Creative Industry
- Ashley Cornelius, UCHealth
- Krys Fakir, KFE LLC.
- Alison King, Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC
- Victoria Lipscomb, Colorado Springs CommunityWorks
- TerryJosiah Sharpe, Anthem Music Enterprises
- Brandi Bergh, Early Connections Learning Centers
- Shayana Dabney, Citizen’s Project
- William “Billy” Kinn, Catamount Institute
- Noea Moss, Liberty Mutual
- Matt Radcliffe, Pikes Peak State College
- Military Leaders
- Samantha Chapman, Sentinels of Freedom
- Kimberly Gold, The Gold Standard
- Daryl Griffin, United States Space Force
- Brandi Ketchum, U.S. Army
- Anchor Losch, U.S. Army
- Sports, Health & Wellness
- Melanie Baker, UCHealth
- Rachael Degurse, MD, Pearl Skin & Body Rejuvenation
- Dan Hoang, Campfire Smiles Pediatric Dentistry
- Rachel Keener, Community Health Partnership
- Connie Ryan, Journey Care Coordinating
- Technology & Sustainability
- Christopher Aaby, Great Outdoors Colorado
- Luz Gonzales, Industry Ikon
- Maréa Janae, Dream Catcher Weddings
- Matthew Minneman, RainTech
- Cully Radvillas, SRAM
The award ceremony will be emceed by Fox21 Morning News meteorologist Matt Meister. Limited tickets will be available to the public for purchase. Follow @MayorofCOS on Facebook to be notified when tickets go on sale.
For more information on the Mayor’s Young Leader Awards, including a list of past recipients and a description of each award category, visit ColoradoSprings.gov/MYLA.