Fridays May 28, June 25, July 23
Cost: $75/series (short 3 x 5K distance; progressive 5K, 8K, 10K); $30/individual race
Max capacity: 175 (100 x 5K; 75 x 8K, 10K)
Piñon Valley Park, 5585 Mule Deer Drive 80919
- 4:30 p.m. Registration opens (Piñon Valley Park pavilion)
- 5:00 p.m. Food trucks begin serving ($5 credit/registered racer)
- 5:30 p.m. Kids races begin (1/4 mile, ½ mile, 1.1 mile
- 6:00 p.m. Longer distance race begins (5K 5/28, 8K 6/25, 10K 7/23
- 6:15 p.m. Shorter distance race begins (5K all dates)
- 7:00 p.m. Post-race performance begins – north field, Piñon Valley Park
- 8:30 p.m. Crowd disperses, event concludes
- May 28 - Wanda and Ron Cousar, Ballet Folklorico
- June 25 - PBJ, Winter Guard
- July 23 - Joran (Silent Disco)
Public health protocol: Guidance from El Paso County Public Health (EPCPH), the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) will be utilized to inform procedures on such areas as food, water stations, gathering, race start field size, spectators and post-race participation.
Race day protocol related to COVID-19
- Racers are asked to refrain from gathering in staging area more than 30 minutes before their scheduled race start time
- Race start in waves to promote physical distancing
- Participant caps: 175 as of 4/28/2021
- Upon race completion, runners will have food and drink options via trucks that are parked along Mule Deer Drive and post-race performances that begin at 7 p.m. Please use diligence to maintain distancing and to assemble in designated areas. 15 minutes of crossing the finish line.
Cleaning and Sanitation:
- Reduced racer touch points to minimize physical interaction
- Additional cleaning and sanitization of areas, such as toilets, check-in area, etc.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at registration and finish area
- Face masks to be worn by event staff and volunteers
- All runners will be required to wear a face covering at common areas such as the start/finish line, packet pick-up and post-race performance area. Face coverings can be removed while running.
Additional Race Day Requirements:
- Timing will be based on chip time
- No awards ceremony – awards will be available for pick up at Runners Roost, 121 N Tejon Street, from July 26-August 13.