To better facilitate school activities that take place in City parks (i.e. year-end fun days, field trips, physical education classes, special school celebrations, etc.). We would like to request that you inform your teachers they need to contact us at least two weeks prior to the activity.
This notification will allow us to schedule maintenance to not interfere with your school activity. Restrooms and port-a-johns will not be available at most parks and we request that all users thoroughly clean up the area before leaving.
To schedule your activity in a City park, please complete the School Use Permit Application, and return to the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 719-385-6599, or mail to Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services, Attention School Use Permits, 1401 Recreation Way, Colorado Springs, CO 80905.
This procedure does not give you exclusive use of the park and is not considered a reservation. All City parks are shared-use facilities. Please note that some pavilions in our parks are available by reservation only and are not to be used except by the person/group that reserved it and paid a fee for the reservation permit.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we hope you and your classes will enjoy using the City parks!
Criteria for school use:
- School usage must take place during designated school hours. (Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- School usage should be for the designated students of the school only.
- School usage cannot collect any type of participation fee and/or on-site donation. “District Athletic Events or After-School Intramural Programs” do not qualify as school usage.
- School usage cannot impact neighborhood parking.
- School usage must be for the park adjoining school property. If no park borders the school, the school can choose a desired location based on site availability.