In this episode, you’ll hear from Robert and Arthur Sapp, two brothers raised in Colorado Springs. They both joined the Colorado Springs Police Department and became the first black sergeant (Robert) and first black lieutenant (Arthur) on the department. Interesting fact: the first black police officer was one of the founding members of the department in 1887. Join us for some local history, great stories and Arthur’s thoughts on police department diversity, recruitment and training today.
Listen to the episode
More from Behind the Springs
- Episode 52: Diversity Discussion
- Episode 51: Checking in with the Mayor Suthers
- Episode 50: Vaccine distribution update
- Episode 49: Farewell to Fire Chief Collas
- Episode 48: What you need to know about the 2021 City election