Our mission is to promote the quality of life in Colorado Springs by providing police services with integrity and with a spirit of excellence, in partnership with our Community.
"Safeguarding our Community as our Family”
The Colorado Springs Police Department has adopted the following statement of its values:
- We prioritize the sanctity of human life in all we do.
- We are committed to protecting the constitutional rights of all individuals.
- We are committed to treating others with fairness, respect, and dignity.
- We believe our core functions are to prioritize community safety, prevent crime, and deliver vigorous law enforcement service when crime occurs.
- We support an organizational climate that promotes employee wellness and resilience.
- Responsive: “To the needs of our citizens and internal customers and treat people well. Concentrate on what we can do and work to solve problems that our community cares about. The simplest of courtesies goes a long way.”
- Excellence: “This requires personal accountability for the work you do each day. To achieve organizational excellence, we should maintain the highest level of professional standards in all areas while striving to implement identified best practices in policing.”
- Humility: “Putting others before self. Remember we derive our powers from the citizens we serve. When we perform our duties with humility, we are approachable, respectful and compassionate.”
- Honor: “The adherence to high moral principles with the absence of deceit; conforming to what is considered morally right; resist being improperly influenced by others.”