Laterals and Recruits
WHAT CAN I EXPECT THROUGH THE HIRING PROCESS?
- Applications are submitted electronically online. Based on how you answer the questions on the application, the computer automatically screens applications to see if applicant meets minimum qualifications and determines eligibility.
- Applicants who meet minimum qualifications will be emailed the information to be scheduled for the written examination. Depending on location availability, the written exam is normally conducted on a weekday.
- The written examination will be taken on a computer. Candidates will be notified if they pass the written examination within 48 hours. Candidates that pass the written examination will be invited to schedule an oral interview. Oral interviews will occur on a weekday.
- After all applicants have completed testing, candidates will be banded based on written test scores and oral interview scores.
- If your band is selected to continue in the process, you will be sent instructions on how to electronically submit your Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ), in processing form and any additional supporting documents for screening.
- If you receive a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to submit official transcripts for all colleges you have attended, your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) and copies of your driver's license, social security card, proof of insurance, birth certificate, and marriage certificate (if applicable) DO NOT submit these documents prior to conditional offer. Any and all documentation submitted will not be returned.
- In-state applicants will be required to attend a mandatory meeting to take their Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI),16 PF exam and be fingerprinted. Applicants will also self-schedule their Polygraph and Psychological Interview.
- If an applicant passes these steps, their files are presented to a Selection Committee for review.
- If selected, applicants will be contacted personally by CSPD Human Resources and receive a final offer of employment contingent on successful completion of a medical evaluation.
Note: Hiring process is subject to change.