Revocable License or Lease (Issued for a private use of a City-owned parcel that has a tax schedule number and is not City Right-Of-Way)
(Allow 4 weeks, minimum, for processing) *All requests handled on a case-by-case basis *
To begin, submit the following to Real Estate Services:
** Failure to submit any requested item could result in a delay of your project **
No larger than tabloid size, 11 x 17, please
- Signed 2021 Public Application Form, one per entity property owner, completed in full, stating the proposed use of the City property and proposed term.
- Note: The proposed term cannot be more than twenty-five (25) years, and the use must be revocable by the City at any time, per City Charter.
- Map or survey showing the location, area and size of the requested lease or license area.
- Legal exhibits may be required. See box below.
- Statement of Authority, if applicable, may be required. See box below.
- Insurance Requirement for non-Utility controlled property: If request is approved, a copy of an insurance certificate, with general liability coverage of $1,000,000.00 will be required, showing the City of Colorado Springs as an added insured on your policy, and will be collected prior to completion.
- Recording fees will apply. See box below.
- Additional information as requested.
Legal exhibits must be prepared by a Colorado Licensed Professional Land Surveyor, be signed and sealed, have at least 1” (one inch) margins, and be labeled appropriately, as noted above. If Colorado Springs Utilities has utility lines in the vicinity, the lines may also need to be depicted. If questions, discuss with Real Estate Services prior to having legal exhibits prepared. Sample exhibits available upon request.
STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY:
For entity property owners (LLC’s, Corporations, Partnerships, Trusts), a copy of a recorded Statement of Authority may be required for that person who has the authority to convey or affect real property on behalf of the entity. If none already exists, Real Estate Services may prepare one, and record it at the completion of the project;
FEES – Checks or money orders only (no cash or credit cards) payable to City of Colorado Springs
Contact Real Estate Services
Barbara Reinardy, (719) 385-5601, or Barbara.Reinardy@ coloradosprings.gov
To Submit your paperwork and Fee(s):
Street address: 30 South Nevada Avenue (@ Colorado Avenue), Suite 502, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1575, MC 525, Colorado Springs, CO 80901-1575