It's up to each of us to keep our waters clean...
That's the idea behind the Adopt-A-Waterway Program. The City of Colorado Springs Stormwater Enterprise encourages local businesses, civil and professional organizations, environmental groups, academic institutions, neighborhoodA geographic sub0area within the city that contains but is not limited to residential land uses. The extent of a neighborhood is variable and may be defined by tradition, organizational boundaries, the period of building and development, or subdivision patterns. Neighborhood boundaries may include such features as major streets or other physical elements. groups, and other community-minded organizations to formally Adopt-A-Waterway for the purpose of protecting and improving water quality.
As an adopting organization, your group would be asked to participate in two cleanups a year and maintain your adopted waterway for a minimum of two years. A small commitment for your water quality! So find a nearby waterway and sign up today. Each adopting organization:
- Must include a minimum of 6 people and have at least 1 adult (21 years or older)
- Must adopt at least a 1/4 to 1/2 mile stretch of creek or stream. Larger reaches must be approved by staff.
- Adopts a waterway for a period of at least 2 years
- Agrees to cleanup their adopted waterway at least two times a year
- Agrees to coordinate the group's activities with the City's Project coordinator.
- Agrees to all safety requirements.
For more information, please contact Jerry Cordova at 719-385-5033 or by email at email@example.com
Download Adopt-A-Waterway Forms
If you would like to join our program please download and complete the following forms:
- Program Checklist (Document No. 1)
- Agreement (Document No. 2)
- Enrollment (Document No. 3)
- Please complete the following forms for each clean-up activity:
- Risk and Release (Document No. 4)
- Dates and Activities (Document No. 5)
- Safety Guidelines (Document No. 6)
- Data Form (Document No. 7)
2018 Adopt-A-Waterway numbers:
- Number of Events: 86
- Volunteers: 2,428
- Volunteer Dollar Value: $171,430
- Lbs/tons removed: 70,600 lbs/35.3 tons