Wooten Road at Platte Avenue is a minor arterial roadway within the City of Colorado Springs. The existing corrugated metal pipes used to carry stormwater under Wooten were placed in 1967. They do not meet current drainage criteria established to keep water from overflowing the road.
A new concrete box culvert will improve the drainage crossing and provide improved pedestrian access and traffic safety. The project plans minimize the project’s footprint at Wooten Road and Platte Avenue and allows that intersection to remain open during construction.
- Improved vehicle and pedestrian safety
- Improved stormwater drainage to reduce roadway flooding
- Relocation of utilities and a sewer line beneath Wooten Road and Edison Avenue
- Intersection of Platte and Wooten expected to remain open throughout construction
- Temporary four-week closure of Edison Avenue at Wooten (Summer 2022)
$2.9 million, PPRTA “A List” of projects
Engineering Design: AECOM
Construction Contractor: Blue Ridge Construction