April 6, 2021 Municipal Election
Elected positions involved in the April 6, 2021 General Municipal Election are the six City Council District seats .Each active registered voter will receive a ballot with the City Council District seat in which their residential address is located. The City Clerk is the designated election official and will be conducting this election.
City Council Districts
To find a list of the current City Council members and which district your residential address is located using this link, https://coloradosprings.gov/city-clerk/page/city-council-districts
Eligibility to Run for a City Council District Office
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America
- Must be 25 years of age or older on the date of the election
- Must be a registered elector of the City of Colorado Springs
- Must have resided in the City of Colorado Springs city boundary for one-year immediately preceding the election date
- Must reside in the City Council District boundary for which your residential address is located and if elected, must maintain a residence within the district boundary for the entire four year term of office
The candidate filing period begins on January 4th and ends at 5PM on January 25th. All municipal elections are non-partisan and nomination to run is by petition. Candidate filing packets will be available at the City Clerk’s office beginning 8AM on January 4th. You may come into the office to pick-up or request a packet be mailed to you. The City Clerk will conduct a candidate training session on the morning of January 4th and it will be taped for posting on this website.
The campaign finance cycle for this election begins on October 1, 2020 and runs through May 6, 2021. Once a candidate raises or spends $20 or more towards their campaign, they must start filing campaign finance reports. For additional information, https://coloradosprings.gov/city-clerk/page/campaign-finance?mlid=9356