A sexually oriented business is an adult arcade, adult bookstore, adult video store, adult cabaret, adult motel, adult motion picture theater, adult theater, sexual encounter establishment or other similar business.
- City Code 2.4.1 for Sexually Oriented Business License
- City Code Chapter 2, Article 1 for all Business Licenses
Fees and Payment
- Annual license fee: $500
- Late renewal fee: $250
- Manager registration fee: $75
- Initial background check for Principal/Managing Agents: $7
- Duplicate license fee: $5
Sexually Oriented Business Licenses are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance or renewal.
The City Clerk's Office accepts cash, check, money order, Visa and MasterCard.
- Proof of age over eighteen (18)
- Business License Application
- Department Review Form
- Supplemental Application
- Business Diagram as outlined in Supplemental Application
- Manager's Registration Form as outlined in Supplemental Application
Approval by the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department, as outlined in Department Review Form.
Approval by City Planning and Land Use Review, as outlined in Department Review Form.
Approval by the Colorado Springs Police Department - Special Services Section, as outlined in Department Review Form. 719-444-7526
Approval by City Sales Tax, as outlined in Department Review Form.
Lawful Presence Affidavit, if a sole proprietor
Trade Name Registration and Certificate of Good Standing with the Colorado Secretary of State, if applicable.