Take your dog out to the Dog Park!
Dog owners should be aware that City Code requires all dogs be on a leash while in city parks and on city trails. The Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Department does realize that dogs enjoy having areas where they can run and "burn off some steam," so we offer several off-leash areas. Please keep in mind that your dog must still be kept under control in off-leash areas.
Pet owners are required to clean up after their pet. All neighborhood parks are equipped with "doggie-bag" dispensers and trash cans. Thanks for your assistance in keeping our parks clean and safe for all park patrons!
(These are large, unfenced areas where dogs are allowed off-leash if kept under control)
- Garden of the Gods Park: Area east of Rock Ledge Ranch & south of Gateway Rd.
- Red Rock Canyon Open Space: Designated Dog Loop trail areas south of main parking lot.
- Palmer Park: Yucca Flats
(Fenced areas where dogs are allowed off-leash if kept under control)
- Cheyenne Meadows Park (south portion): Native grass area off Charmwood Dr. and Canoe Creek Dr.
- Palmer Park: Old baseball field, .3 miles from Maizeland entrance
- Rampart Park: Just east of the baseball diamond.
Dog Park Rules
- Dogs must be accompanied by a person at least 16 years of age when inside the enclosure.
- Dogs must be on a leash until inside the enclosure.
- No more than three dogs per person.
- Dogs with a history of aggressive behavior must wear a muzzle.
- Owners are responsible and liable for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times.
- Owners must pick up after their pets.
- Dogs must be properly inoculated, licensed, and not in breeding condition in order the use facilities.
- Pinch (prong) and spike collars must be removed prior to entering the enclosure. A basic flat buckle collar with license, rabies, and identification tags attached is recommended.