Fountains and Spray Grounds
The City of Colorado Springs Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department manages several spray grounds and fountains that are available in the summer months.
When the outside temperatures are not expected to reach above 65 degrees, sites may close for the day. Operations are expected to resume when the hot temperatures return. If in doubt, please contact the site prior to going for some water fun!
Uncle Wilbur Fountain at Acacia Park
Acacia Park, 115 East Platte Avenue
- Hours: Opens May 25, 2019 | Open Daily, 12 pm – 6 pm
Julie Penrose Fountain at America the Beautiful Park
America the Beautiful Park, 126 Cimino Drive
- Hours: Opens May 25, 2019 | Open Daily, 11 am – 5 pm
Deerfield Hills Spray Ground at Deerfield Hills Park
The Spray Ground includes 16 different water spray features containing over 50 individual spray nozzles and various features including Bell Trios, Foaming Geysers, Ground Geysers, Soak Stations, Water Jellys, Water Quests, Water Trios and a Water Wall!
Opens June 1, 2019
Hours of Operation:
June 1-August 11
- Monday-Friday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday; 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
August 12-September 2
- Friday; 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday; 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Open 4th of July and Labor Day.
The Water Hole at Venezia Park
John Venezia Community Park at the intersection of Briargate Parkway and Union Blvd.
Hours: Opens May 25, 2019 | Open Daily, 10 am – 7 pm
- Use site at your own risk. There will be no lifeguard or park staff supervision around the fountain during hours of operation.
- Fountains will close due to adverse weather conditions such as high winds, severe rain and thunderstorms, or temperatures under 60 degrees.
- Fountains will close due to technical difficulties and/or emergency maintenance repairs.
- Lightning System: Alarm will sound and the system will auto shut off when lightning is detected within 5 miles. Restarts after 30 minutes of clear weather.
Questions and Contact Information
Report a maintenance issue at email@example.com.This email is for maintenance issues only and is not monitored for other questions or concerns.
Questions? Call 719-385-5940 x 9
Lightning Safety Procedures
Lightning can occur with or without rain. Fountains follow the “30/30” rule means that at a flash to the bang of 30, staff will turn off the fountain and begin to seek shelter. Activities will not resume until after 30 minutes after the last audible thunder. The same counting method will be used for hearing Bang to Bang or seeing Flash to Flash. Under 30 seconds, patrons should seek immediate shelter in a safe location until operations resume.