In February 2021, the Parkland Dedication Ordinance, with accompanying Resolutions for the PLDO Criteria Manual, Fee Schedule, and Neighborhood Park Geographic Service Area Mapping were approved by City Council.
The ordinance will be administered by both the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services and Planning and Community Development departments.
Development applicants and their consultants are encouraged to contact and work with park staff directly on any land proposals or questions early in the development pre-application or application process. The parks department makes development application ordinance review decisions to include:
- If parkland or fees will be accepted
- How parkland dedication can be met
- Calculating parkland obligation estimates throughout the application review process
- When alternative compliance is proposed, the parks department facilitates receipt of the proposal, communication, decisions, and any agreements
- Applications that warrant a Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Advisory Board presentation and action, based both on Ordinance and policy
- Submittals to the advisory board are primarily applicable to Master PlanA plan for the development of a portion of the city that contains proposed land uses, a generalized transportation system, and the relationship of the area included in the plan to surrounding property. applications and district (built, owned and maintained) park site designs
Planning and Community Development facilitates ordinances, resolutions, schedules and subdivision code; the development review process; and fee collection.
- Parkland Dedication Criteria Manual (Adopted Feb 2021)
- Land & Fee Estimating Worksheet
- Neighborhood Park Geographic Service Area Map
- Ordinance 21-24 Parkland
- Resolution 21-21 Parkland Criteria Manual
- Resolution 22-21 Geographic Services Areas
- Resolution 23-21 Parkland Fee Schedule
- Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services: Connie Schmeisser, 719-385-6533, email@example.com
- Planning: Candy Fontecchio, 719-385-5191, Candy.Fontecchio@coloradosprings.gov