Essential Questions for City Initiatives
These essential questions should be considered as a tool to focus on and promote implementation of our Unique Places vision for applicable City initiatives (refer to Chapter 1):
- Support the overall focus on our Unique Places vision?
- Add value and improve the keystone indicators for Unique Places, including use diversity, density, walkability, and support of enhanced transit?
- Support the continued development/redevelopment of Downtown?
- Result in additional infill, development, or redevelopment in urban places?
- Provide a range of opportunities for transportation access, interconnection of urban centers, and enhanced demand and feasibility for multimodal transportation options?
- Include, result in, or support the creation of new or enhanced places for community interaction?
- Enhance connections to and integrate with the city’s green infrastructure networks including trails, parks, and open space?
- Enhance, support, or incorporate the provision of “third places?”
- Support or incorporate cultural, historical, educational, and/or human service opportunities?
- Maintain consistency with and support adopted, applicable, and relevant subarea or topical master plans?
- Result in places that are adaptable, sustainable, and resilient?