On Saturday, April 30, 2022, the Colorado Springs Police Department is partnering with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to host a citywide “Drug Take-Back Day.” The program, which is spearheaded by the DEA, provides convenient locations across the nation for the public to drop off unneeded substances or other medications from our nation’s medicine cabinets. This is a no-questions-asked program, and drop-offs are completely anonymous. The goal is to prevent prescription pill abuse and addiction in our community by providing a safe way for citizens to dispose of excess, unused, or expired prescription drugs.
Between the hours of 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M., on Saturday, April 30, 2022, community members can drop off their prescriptions at the following locations:
- Police Operations Center - 705 South Nevada Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Due to construction in front of the POC, citizens will need to park on the street to the east and walk into the front lobby.
- University of Colorado Memorial Hospital North - 4050 Briargate Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- Security Fire Station 1 - 400 Security Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80911
- King Soopers, 7915 Constitution Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80951
For more information on the DEA’s National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, please see their website at https://takebackday.dea.gov/