In accordance with Colorado law, the Colorado Springs Police Department is notifying the community that Joseph Scott Gould has moved to a new address in the Colorado Springs Police Department’s jurisdiction. Gould is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “Sexually Violent Predator” (SVP) by the court. Accordingly, the Colorado Springs Police Department has made “community notification” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
- Notified the Division of Criminal Justice’s Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed Gould’s residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Made notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
- Briefed patrol personnel on Gould’s status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: www.coloradosprings.gov. Click on Public Safety then click on Police.
The CSPD will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Gould registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such.
Gould’s criminal history reveals that he was convicted of Sexual Assault on a Child in El Paso County Colorado in 2011. He was also convicted of Sexual Assault on a Child in Franklin County Nebraska in 2005.
Gould is currently registered at 2633 Summit Drive in Colorado Springs. He is described as being a white male, 39-years-old, 5’7” tall, 256 lbs, with brown hair and blue eyes.
Gould is one of 18 “Sexually Violent Predators” currently registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department who reside in this community. The Colorado Springs Police Department takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on ensuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Detective Rob Meredith of the Colorado Springs Police Department Registered Sex Offender Unit at (719) 444-7665.