In early September 2020, the Colorado Springs Police Department (CSPD) began an investigation into the Travelodge by Wyndham Colorado Springs Hotel, located at 2625 Ore Mill Road. This investigation was initiated after CSPD received numerous reports of ongoing criminal activity, violent crimes, human trafficking, and narcotics violations occurring at this establishment.
This extensive investigation involved efforts from numerous units, to include:
- Gold Hill Division – Investigations Unit
- Gold Hill Division – Motor Vehicle Theft Unit
- Gold Hill Division – Patrol Operations
- Metro VNI – Human Trafficking Investigations Unit
- Metro VNI – Safe Streets Task Force
- Metro VNI – Narcotics Investigations
- Metro VNI – Strategic Investigations Unit
- Patrol Bureau – Gang Unit
During the investigation, CSPD learned that suspects were using rooms at the hotel to run a prostitution ring.
On November 17, 2020, CSPD executed multiple search and arrest warrants at the Travelodge Hotel. The following persons were arrested in relation to this investigation:
- Stephanie Milan, 48 years old, manager of Travelodge: arrested for C.R.S 18-3-504 Human Trafficking for Sexual Servitude (F3); C.R.S. 18-7-206 Pimping (F3)
- Ronald Rutherford, 52 years old, maintenance staff at Travelodge: arrested for C.R.S 18-3-504 Human Trafficking for Sexual Servitude (F3); C.R.S. 18-7-206 Pimping (F3)
- Edward Wayne Monroe, 40 years old, tenant of Travelodge: arrested for C.R.S 18-3-504 Human Trafficking for Sexual Servitude (F3); C.R.S. 18-7-206 Pimping (F3)
- Felipe Salazar, 37 years old, tenant of the Travelodge; arrested for felony narcotics charges
During the execution of these search warrants, eight other individuals were arrested for various offenses unrelated to the original investigation.
The investigation regarding the Travelodge is still ongoing, and CSPD requests any person with information on the hotel, criminal activity, or persons named in this release to please contact Lt. John Koch at #719-444-7506. Persons who wish to remain anonymous may call Pikes Peak Area Crime Stoppers at #719-634-STOP.
A representative from CSPD will be available to speak about this investigation today at 430PM at the Police Operations Center.