Join the Smart COS Online Community Discussion to comment on the following ideas, or share your own.
Energy and Utilities
How does a Smart City manage its Energy & Utilities? Several projects have been proposed, including
- Smart Meters: Develop an Integrated Smart City Utility strategy leveraging Automated Metering Infrastructure
- LED Streetlights: Strategy based on layered approach for LED Streetlight infrastructure and IoT devices
- Electric Vehicles: Develop an electric vehicles charging strategy & battery storage plan
Buildings & Sustainability
A Smart City takes its role in the environment seriously, considering the impact of its decisions on the people, economy, and environment.
Several Buildings & Sustainability projects have been suggested, including
- Smart Buildings Roadmap: Plan to reduce utilities costs and environmental impact of City government buildings
- Parks plan: Water efficient parks and tree planting program
Transportation & Mobility
A Smart City is one where residents can move around safely and efficiently, contributing to the economy and enjoying all that city life has to offer.
Several Transportation & Mobility projects have been suggested, including
- Transportation planning: Develop a comprehensive smart transportation plan for mobility and smart streets across the city
- City Pass: Explore a single payment platform for City services, especially including transit fare
- Garden of the Gods transportation: Comprehensive transportation & mobility solution to reduce congestion in Garden of the Gods
- Southwest downtown: Re-invigorate SW Downtown, especially Vermijo & Olympic Museum area
A Smart City provides services to its residents with respect, accountability, and continuous improvement.
Several City Services improvements have been suggested, including
- Open Data Platform: Online repository to provide open government data as an asset to the community
- Public safety unified monitoring solution: Standardized camera and video storage, with appropriate emergency access to recordings from volunteers.
- Community Wi-Fi: Pilot public internet in limited sections of the city
- Smart asset allocation: