About the Program
Do you love Colorado Springs and want to enhance your city by adopting a flowerbed through the Springs In Bloom program? There are over 100 available flowerbeds for adoption in Colorado Springs and we need YOUR HELP to help beautify our city through the Springs In Bloom Adoption Program!
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can participate?
- Open to all individuals and organizations in the Colorado Springs community, including but not limited to:
- Faith-Based Groups
- Individuals and families
- Neighborhood Associations
- Recreation Enthusiasts
- Youth Groups
- Schools (groups and teams)
We ask that an adopting group or organization make a one-year commitment and visit the flowerbed twice a week to weed, deadhead, trim, replace plants where needed, and dispose of litter. Volunteers are also responsible for the following duties:
- Schedule a plant pick-up date.
- Plant flowers in accordance with the established flowerbed design.
- Coordinate planting date with PRCS Department to ensure the irrigation system is operating.
- Water the flowerbed thoroughly after planting. (If planting occurs on other than the designated watering day, an alternative source of water will need to be provided.)
- Track and return volunteer hours to PRCS Department.
- Ensure all volunteers working on the adoption have signed the Informed Consent & Code of Ethics paperwork and returned it to PRCS Department.
- Return all plastic pots to the City Greenhouse once the planting is completed.
Parks Recreation & Cultural Services (PRCS) Department Responsibilities
- Provide water for flower beds within PRCS utilities budget guidelines on a specified schedule.
- Repair or adjust the irrigation systems throughout the season.
- Remedy any safety hazards in the flowerbed area.
How to Apply
Note: All adoptions are first-come, first-serve. Groups will retain the first right of refusal for their areas. Groups must assign a Group Leader to be the contact person for the Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services (PRCS) City Greenhouse.
To submit your application, please use the application below and send it to email@example.com
Adoption sign posted at the agreed adoption site and an award ceremony at the
conclusion of the season. Awards are given out for -
- Best Individual
- Best Organization
- Best Business
SAVE THE DATE: Awards Ceremony will be on August 25, 2023! More information will go out to the Group Leader as the ceremony gets closer!