Commission details and Roster
At a Special City Council Work Session June 16, 2020, City Council directed staff to move forward with forming the new advisory committee tasked with bringing policy recommendations to City Council, the Mayor and the Colorado Springs Police Department.
On June 23, 2020 City Council passed the first reading of an ordinance to create the Law Enforcement Transparency and Accountability Commission. It was approved by a vote of 8 to 1. On July 13 City Council passed the second reading, approved by a 8 to 0 vote.
The Commission typically meets on the first and third Monday of each month from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Please check the Agendas and Minutes tab for upcoming meetings. Due to current public health restrictions, members of the public will not be permitted to attend in person. The meeting can be accessed by the two following methods:
Microsoft Teams: Click Here to Join Meeting
Telephone: 720-617-3426 Conference ID: 629 946 63#
Listening and Learning Initiative
LETAC will host two Town Halls for the citizens of Colorado Springs to share their opinions and concerns on policing and public safety. The Town Halls will be held virtually on Thursday, January 21st from 6pm to 8pm and Saturday, February 13th from 10am to 12pm. The Town Halls will be recorded and published on the LETAC website for those who cannot attend. Citizens are encouraged to sign-up in advance by emailing LETAC@ColoradoSprings.gov or calling 719-385-5480.
- Podcast (11/18/20) What Does LETAC stand for?
- Law Enforcement Transparency and Accountability Commission ordinance
- Podcast (6/24/20) Law Enforcement Transparency and Accountability Commission
- Media Advisory (6/23/20) City Council approves Law Enforcement Transparency and Accountability Commission
- New Release (6/17/20) Application process now open for new Police Accountability Advisory Committee
- Podcast (6/12/20) Behind the Springs podcast: Police Advisory Committee
- Statement (6/11/20) Mayor Suthers’ statement to City Council on the creation of a Police Advisory Committee
- Podcast (6/10/20) Mayor Suthers and Police Chief Niski
- News release (6/8/20) Mayor John Suthers Lets Curfew Expire; Praises Peaceful Protesters and Police
- News release (6/3/20) Mayor Suthers Enacts Curfew for Colorado Springs from Wednesday Night to Monday Morning
Agendas and Minutes
- March 1, 2021 Agenda
- February 16, 2021 Agenda | February 16 Minutes
- February 13 Town Hall Agenda | Town Hall Video
- Feburary 1, 2021 Agenda
- January 19, 2021 Agenda | January 19 Minutes
- January 4, 2021 Agenda | January 4 Minutes
- December 7, 2020 Agenda | December Minutes
- November 16, 2020 Agenda | November 16 Minutes
- November 2, 2020 Agenda | November 2 Minutes
- October 19, 2020 Agenda | October 19 Minutes
- October 5, 2020 Agenda | October 5 Minutes