Commission details and Roster
At a Special City Council Work Session June 16, 2020, City Council directed staff to move forward with forming the new advisory committee tasked with bringing policy recommendations to City Council, the Mayor and the Colorado Springs Police Department.
On June 23, 2020 City Council passed the first reading of an ordinance to create the Law Enforcement Transparency and Accountability Commission. It was approved by a vote of 8 to 1. On July 13 City Council passed the second reading, approved by a 8 to 0 vote.
- Podcast (11/18/20) What Does LETAC stand for?
- Law Enforcement Transparency and Accountability Commission ordinance
- Podcast (6/24/20) Law Enforcement Transparency and Accountability Commission
- Media Advisory (6/23/20) City Council approves Law Enforcement Transparency and Accountability Commission
- New Release (6/17/20) Application process now open for new Police Accountability Advisory Committee
- Podcast (6/12/20) Behind the Springs podcast: Police Advisory Committee
- Statement (6/11/20) Mayor Suthers’ statement to City Council on the creation of a Police Advisory Committee
- Podcast (6/10/20) Mayor Suthers and Police Chief Niski
- News release (6/8/20) Mayor John Suthers Lets Curfew Expire; Praises Peaceful Protesters and Police
- News release (6/3/20) Mayor Suthers Enacts Curfew for Colorado Springs from Wednesday Night to Monday Morning
Agendas and Minutes