Hazardous Materials (New Construction)
This section contains information for hazardous materials related to new construction or remodel of existing buildings or areas.
- Permit Application: Permit application for any hazardous materials and/or hazardous activity. This form is required whenever a location has or will have hazardous materials over the amounts indicated in the Permit Amounts table (see below).
- Triage and Certification Form: Form used during construction plan reviews to determine if a hazardous materials plan review is required
- Permit Amounts: Table of hazardous materials permit amounts per the adopted fire code.
- CO2 Questionnaire: Form required to be submitted with plans when Carbon Dioxide is, or will be used for beverage dispensing, atmosphere enrichment or any other use.
- Plan Submittal Information: Submittal requirement information for hazardous materials plan reviews.
- HMIS in Excel: The Hazardous Materials Inventory Statement (HMIS) in a fillable Microsoft Excel format.
- HMIS in Non-Fillable PDF: The Hazardous Materials Inventory Statement (HMIS) in a non-fillable PDF format.
- Marijuana Guidance: Applicable code requirements and best practices as the code relates to cultivation, extraction processes, and the businesses related to medical and recreational marijuana.
- Medical Marijuana Extraction Operations: Information regarding extraction submittal requirements as well as general fire code provisions for medical marijuana use. This also applies to existing medical marijuana and / or other similar facilities wishing to add extraction operations.
- HAMMERS: Link to the HAMMERS information page. Facilities with hazardous materials in amounts that require permits must enter their facilities information into HAMMERS.
- LPG/Butane: Information and permit applications for the use of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) either temporarily or permanent installations.
- Blasting: Permit application and information regarding explosives used for blasting during site development and construction.
- Fuel Storage Tanks: Information and permit applications for the installation, removal or abandonment of above and underground fuel storage tanks. This also applies to belly/integral tanks with generators.
- Hot Work: Permit application and information for obtaining a hot work permit. Hot work activities include, but aren’t limited to welding, brazing, cutting, torch applied roofing, etc.